Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Time is a key factor

TIME....

How much time do you dedicate to your loved one? Do you work often and not have much time for them at all?

I happen to be in a relationship where, after high school, we did not have much time for each other. We wouldn't see each other for a whole month and rely solely on text messages. It didn't feel much like a relationship back then. It was a drastic change going from seeing each other every day in high school to barely seeing each other at all.
We had to match our schedules, shift things around and really dedicate ourselves to making time for each other. These days, we'll see each other AT LEAST once a week.

The most important thing to do in relationships such as these is to MAKE SURE THEY KNOW YOU LOVE THEM. My boyfriend doesn't speak on his emotions much. Instead, he'll show me when we're together. The way he hugs me, cuddles with me, plays with my hair, smiles at me etc. Over the years, I've learned to accept the difference in how we tell each other just how much we love each other. I'm more of a verbal person when it comes to these things so I verbally say I love you or text it to him. Don't get me wrong, he does verbally express his love too. Just not as much as I do :)

So let your loved one know you love them and try to work with them to make time for each other. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment